Dry skin looks very pale and having a dry skin means you will need to take a lot of care of your skin. There are various cosmetic products that assure to give results over dry skin but they are too expensive plus they might have side effects over the skin. There are certain home remedies for dry skin that will help you to make your skin soft.
But before knowing these home remedies it will be better if you know how you can prevent dry skin.
- Eat fresh fruits and green vegetables in your diet. Eating sweets will also be a good, as it will increase the starch content of the skin.
- Drink about eight to ten glasses of water in a day. This is the simplest thing but it will help you have a good health overall.
- Use coriander, cumin and turmeric in almost all of the food items that you are cooking.
- Doing regular Yoga and aerobics will also keep your skin soft.
- Avoid any perfumed soaps, as they have harsh chemicals in them, which are not good for the skin.
- Reduce drinking alcohol and coffee.
- If you are going out of the house during hot summer afternoon, apply a good sunscreen lotion all over the body. Mostly over the area that is not covered with clothes.
- As much as you can, try to stay without makeup.
Home remedies for Dry Skin:
- Make a face pack by mixing 1-teaspoon egg yolk, 1-teaspoon honey and 1-2 teaspoons milk powder. Apply this face pack on face, neck, hands and legs. Keep it for ten to fifteen minutes and then wash it off.
- Make a face pack with mixing half papaya, half banana and avocado. Apply this pack over the dry skin and keep it for twenty minutes. Wash it off with water and wipe with towel. This is also one of the very effective home remedies for dry skin .
- For dry skin honey is very good. Take one to two tablespoon of rose water and add half tablespoon of honey in it. Apply this all over your face, neck, and other dry parts of the skin. This will act as a toner, cleanser along with making the skin glow.
- To nourish your dry skin you can also use almonds. Massage your face, neck and other dry parts of skin with almond oil.
- The potassium and tannin in the apple is also very effective to cure dry skin. Grate two apples and apply it over the dry skin. Keep it for about twenty minutes and then wash it off.
- Make a paste by mixing equal amount of limejuice and avocado. Apply it over the dry skin and keep for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Apply the cucumber juice over the face and other body parts, this will help to get soft skin.
- Applying multani mutti that is fuller earth over the dry skin will surely help. Add some mint leaves to multani mutti and apply this paste over the dry skin and keep for ten to fifteen minutes.